Vacancy: Digital Marketing and Content Executive
DIGITAL MARKETING AND CONTENT EXECUTIVE (FULL TIME)
Wage: Up to £26,000.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Annual Leave: 25 days per year plus public holidays
Pension: Matched contributions up to 4%
Reporting to: CEO, The Iris Initiative
Application deadline: Tuesday 2 July 2019
Interview date: Wednesday 10 July 2019
The John Byrne Award is an online exhibition and competition open to anybody living in Scotland aged 16-30 (soon to be ‘aged 16 and above’). The John Byrne Award is delivered by the Scottish charity, The Iris Initiative. The aim of The Iris Initiative is to encourage reflection, exploration, and commitment to personal ideals and values. The John Byrne Award accepts creative work in any medium, exhibits all entries online, promotes the best entries via social channels, and hosts an awards ceremony in February. The number of people engaging with The John Byrne Award has doubled every year for the past three. We anticipate more than 4000 entries in our 2019-2020 year.
The John Byrne Award aspires to become the largest, most inclusive creative arts competition in Scotland, promoting discussion about personal and societal values.
We are seeking a diligent self-starter with expertise in digital marketing, website and content management to manage and grow The John Byrne Award’s digital presence. You’ll be joining a passionate team in a rapidly-growing charity and taking a lead role in its flagship project.
To apply, please email [email protected], telling us why you’re a good fit for the role. Please attach your CV. We look forward to hearing from you.
Digital Marketing (2.5 days/week)
- Social media and email marketing
- Monitoring, evaluating, and improving digital marketing performance
Website management (1.5 days/week)
- Maintaining and optimising The John Byrne Award website
- Liaising with our digital service providers
Event support and delivery (1 days/week)
- Co-designing marketing campaigns for JBA events with JBA entrants and staff
- General event support
- Designing, managing, evaluating, and improving the performance of digital marketing campaigns across social, website, and email
- Excellent written communication and able to adapt ‘voice’ and writing style to different channels.
- Content marketing, including blogging and article writing
- Active interest in Scottish cultural scene
Experience in any of the following: WordPress; coding; content management graphic design; photography; journalism
- Joining a small team of passionate, dedicated people
- Taking a leading role in a fast-growing charity, helping to build the most inclusive creative arts competition in Scotland
- Working in Custom Lane, ‘an exciting centre for design and making’ in Edinburgh
- Competitive salary, flexible working hours, 25 days holiday per year plus public holidays, matched 4% pension contributions