THE JOHN BYRNE AWARD,2019/2020
The John Byrne Award is an online exhibition and competition exploring personal and societal values.
Our ultimate aim is to encourage reflection on and commitment to values through the exchange of ideas presented in creative work.
We welcome creative work from all disciplines and encourage our community to explore the huge variety of inspiring ideas shared through the John Byrne Award.
- Entries should be submitted using the form below.
- An entry should include:
(1) A single piece of creative piece of work (any kind of work is accepted).
(2) A question that summarises the thinking behind the work.
(3) A short paragraph describing why this question is important.
- Monthly winners are announced on first day of every month.
- Annual winner is judged by an independent judging panel. Winner will be announced at our awards ceremony in Edinburgh in February, 2020.
- Make each word in your description count. The clearer you make your point, the more powerful your work will be.
- If you are taking a photo of the work, make sure the lighting is good and the resolution of the photo high.
- Entries that are in an audio or video format should already be hosted on Souncloud, Vimeo or YouTube. This enables us to embed a link to your work on our website.
- We welcome you to view the judging criteria here.
£2500 ANNUAL PRIZE
*** An independent judging panel reviews ALL entries. Any entry from the year could win.***
DEADLINE: 23:59 on Fri 31 Jan, 2020.
WINNER ANNOUNCED: Awards Ceremony, Feb 2020.
£250 MONTHLY PRIZE
DEADLINE: 23:59 on the last day of every month.
WINNER ANNOUNCED: first day of every month.
Find out how we use our entrants’ data by reading our Privacy Notice.