Terms and Conditions of Entry
Uploading material to the Site
The copyright for all works entered will remain the property of the creator(s), but it is a condition of entry to The John Byrne Award that the creator(s) agree(s) unconditionally that The John Byrne Award may have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for the purposes of marketing or education, in line with The Iris Initiative’s charitable aims.
Entrants must ensure that they own the copyright on any work that they share with The John Byrne Award.
Entries may be submitted anonymously or pseudonymously, if requested.
We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to the Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from the Site any material:
- that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience; or
- for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; or
- which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK or any other country in the world; or
- which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on the Site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the provisions set out above or for any other reason whatsoever. In addition, we shall fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of the provisions set out above.
Using the Site
Links to third party websites, including creators’ websites and/or social media profiles, are for your convenience only. Such websites are operated and controlled by third parties and their inclusion does not imply any endorsement or approval by The John Byrne Award of their contents or technical safety.
The content of the Site (including, but not limited to all text and artwork) is protected by copyright. The copyright is owned by the creator(s) of the works uploaded and licensed for use by The John Byrne Award.
You may view or download any part of the Site for private purposes, but you are not permitted, without our permission, to:
- store the Site, or any part of the Site, for any other purpose;
- print copies of the Site, or any part of the Site, for any other purpose;
- reproduce, copy or transmit the Site, or any part of the Site, in any way, for any other purpose or in any other medium.
The John Byrne Award reserves the right to amend or replace the Terms and Conditions at any time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent notice on the Site.
Please get in touch if you have any questions: [email protected]