The John Byrne Award is an online exhibition and competition exploring personal and societal values. Our aim is to encourage reflection on and commitment to values through the exchange of ideas presented in creative work.
Your entry will be judged equally on the creative work submitted and your entry statement.
Make each word in your statement count. The clearer and more confident your explanation, the more powerful your work will be.
The John Byrne Award Judging Criteria
The John Byrne Award judges are looking for work that is reasoned, constructive and compelling. Entrants should use the following criteria and questions to guide the construction of their entry:
- Is my work informed by research or experience?
- Do I understand what value/s underpin my work?
- Has my work helped me to develop my ideas?
- Have I explained why my ideas matter?
- Does my work examine or challenge prevailing values?
- Does my work promote understanding or discussion?
- Is my work well-crafted?
- Does my work communicate on multiple levels?
- Is my work likely to move people?