The John Byrne Award is an online exhibition and competition. Our aim is to celebrate and encourage creativity and promote the discussion of ideas through the medium of the arts.
Your entry will be judged equally on the creative work submitted and your written rationale.
Make each word count. The clearer and more confident your explanation, the more powerful your work will be.
The John Byrne Award Judging Criteria
The John Byrne Award judges are looking for work that is reasoned and relevant, constructive and compelling. Entrants should use the following criteria and questions to guide the construction of their entry:
Reasoned and relevant?
- Is my work informed by research or experience?
- Do I understand what ideas or value/s underpin my work?
- Is my work relevant to current thinking and debate?
Constructive and compelling?
- Have I explained why my ideas matter?
- Does my work inspire, promote understanding or invite discussion?
- Is my work well-crafted?